2 x Part-Time Church and Community Worker
St Thomas’ Church is committed to reaching out with the good news of Jesus into our very mixed local parish. The parish contains York St John University campus, and thousands of students live in the vicinity. In addition, our outreach ministries have brought us into contact with many local people struggling with poverty and marginalization.
We are seeking to appoint two people to strengthen and develop our outreach into the local community, and discipleship of church members – especially newer Christians. These people will develop existing groups and contacts, and create new opportunities to see the social, emotional, physical and spiritual transformation of the local area.
Both roles will involve:
· outreach in our local area with particular focus on York St John students
· supporting our existing ministries, including Peaced Together (women’s outreach), and our work with probation services (largely reaching men)
· developing new outreach opportunities and regular events
· growing teams to support and develop these ministries
· following up those exploring faith, and discipling newer Christians
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the holder of this post is a committed Christian.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For more information, including job description and application form, please contact Al Rycroft (Priest-in-Charge) – email@example.com.
Hours: 18 – flexibility will be required including evening/weekend hours
Salary: Living Wage (£8.75/hr, or £8,190 p.a.)
One-year contract with potential to extend